The AX is a high performance PWM drive that is designed for a variety of direct axis and spindle drive applications. The AX integrates integral power supplies and the latest in pulse width modulated servo amplifier technology. This results in a motor drive ready to meet the most demanding control challenges. AX drives meet the needs of system designers and machine builders who must interface to a variety of control options.
Ten models cover the power range of 5-200KVA(peak), including 3 high voltage models.
Reliability and small package size are achieved through the use of surface mount technology and minimal internal wiring. These construction techniques provide an economical use of valuable panel space. All AX series drives are stand-alone units that are capable of interfacing to serial interfaces, CNCs, PLCs and motion controllers.
- Encoder, Resolver or Hall Effect commutator setup and configuration through RS-232.
- Readily interfaces with existing programmable controllers, including sine/sine + 120 inputs for direct commutation
- Readback of status and other diagnostic information
- Analog input capability for current machine controls
- The diagnostic data can be transferred in ASCII or HEX
- To accomodate the different power sources found throughout the world, all AX Drives are designed to operate from a wide range of input voltages. No Transformer needed
Diagnostic and Monitoring Features
- I2T thermal protection circuit
- Missing and mis-phased control signal detection (Hall effects, Encoder, Resolver)
- Regen overload detection
- Power supply failure detection
- Motor thermistor interlock and external general purpose interlock
- Short circuit Protection
Performance and Characteristics
|Output Current (A)
Continuous/Peak for 3 secs
|Input Power Requirement
|100-250 Vac, 3-Phase
(AX500 optionally 1-phase)
||Up to 35 KHz depending on model and application
||Up to 4KHz
|Click picture for larger view
|Dimensions - Click for drawing
(Acrobat Reader required)
||AX 2000, 2500, 3000
Home | About MCS |
© 2014 Motion Control Systems Inc.
CSS Menu by OpenCube